Thursday, March 5, 2009

Diagnostic Essay -Take One-


Kayla DeLeo
English 111
Section: 53
Diagnostic EssayJanuary 20th 2009
On The Road Again
Four months ago I decided to do something absolutely crazy. I made the choice to completely stop everything I was doing, and move half way across the country, to Texas, to attend a college closer to my boyfriend. After long hours of trying to convince my parents, they finally said yes. Now the planning part, how would my car and I get all the way out to Texas? The car situation was a toss up, but eventually my parents came up with a conclusion. We would sell my car that I had here, and buy a car out in Texas. Perfect! Now my dad and I would have to fly out to Texas, rather than drive, let’s just say I was thrilled with that plan. So September rolls around, faster then I ever expected, and its time to start packing my bags for the plane, and take my belongings to the UPS store to have them shipped to my future residence. September 6th, 2008, my dad and I take off from Norfolk, and for me, it would be the last time I would be home for the next 3 and a half months.
Everything went as planned, picking up of the car, moving into my dorm, and getting all my belongings from the UPS store. But after a semester of college out there, I realized it wasn’t for me and made the decision to come home for the next semester. Because of the decision I made, I recently got to experience the trip of a life time, filled with memories that will never be forgotten.
It all started on Monday, January 12th at around 1:30pm, the trip that would leave me in the car for the next 3 days and 1600 miles. My best friend Amanda and I went to Texas on a one-way plane ticket to pick up my car. We spent the weekend in Austin packing up the remaining of my belongings, and I said my goodbyes to my friends. The car was packed, the music was set and we were ready to hit the road. Although it was hard to put live as I knew it for the past 3 and a half months behind me, what was before me was truly going to be something I would never forget!
Amanda and I had a blast during our road trip. We told stories, sang songs really loud, and took a ton of pictures. Although the entire trip was so memorable, I did have a few favorite parts of the trip. One of my favorite parts was that we stopped and took pictures at ever state welcome sign that we passed. I also really enjoyed the whole experience of getting to drive through seven states, and see different parts of the country.
Over all, Amanda and I had an amazing time on our road trip. Thankfully my trip didn’t include traffic or speeding tickets, just lots of laughs and many memories. I can honestly say that that road trip that I just experienced, driving from Texas to Virginia Beach, was my favorite road trip experience.


1 comment:

  1. And where is Take 2? The one you need in order to pass?

    ReplyDelete